Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Toilet training

There was a time, I used to think that weaning off the pacifier was something unattainable, considering Jayden's addiction to it. But HE DID it.

There was a time, I used to think that it will take ages to toilet train Jayden. But HE DID it - at least for day time.

So lately, I have been toying with the idea of training the son to be diaper free at night despite not being able to keep his diaper dry throughout. I hate to think that one day he will outgrow his diaper size and that I would have to upgrade to adult diapers. And probably by then, it would be harder to train.

I finally understood the meaning of "半夜3点叫人起来撒尿" I think there must be some co-relations to diaper training.

For the past 2 nights, I have been diligently waking up the boy to get him to go the toilet. The idea is to induce the understanding to him that if you feel the urgency, you must wake up and go to the toilet. Hopefully he gets it. For now, Jayden has successfully slept throughout the night without any bed wettings. So proud of him! :D

Once this is accomplished, I have another difficult task of weaning the diaper off while poo-ing.

0 comments: