Monday, August 30, 2010

The things that happened in August

Before I rattled about the fact that my boy is turning 3 soon in less than 2 months time, there were quite a handful of things that happened in August.

Having witness that Jayden could nicely sit through any shows/plays/movies, we brought him to a children's recital play in early August.


It was a low budget recital which compromises of only 2 ppl who created a story base based on whatever objects they could find on stage. It was mildly entertaining for the adults but the focused boy sat listened hard to understand what was going on.

Next up, Barney show in Sep. The boy has been harping to me non-stop on when Barney is coming and where he is coming from. I have instructed the inquisitive son to question the purple dinosaur himself. Let's see if that happenes.


I acknowledge that my birthday has passed nearly a month. I only got down to sending my new IC application before ICA sends me the penalty letter and ask me to stop living in denial - NO MORE PRIMARY SCHOOL PHOTO ok.

I used to laugh at how dorky I looked when I was 12, now I wished I was still that young. :(


The last time I visited Perth - the land of boring town, I was the least impressed. Shops were closed even before I knock off from work. By 7pm, you had nowhere to go but hibernate in the hotel watching soapy Aussie dramas.

So this time, I decided to schedule my flight timings that allow my to check out the rest of Perth City.

Arrived around 2-ish, checked-in and dashed off to Harbourtown factory outlet. I'm so delighted that buses are FOC in Perth! :D

Did some shopping before proceeding to dinner @ Shilla's Korean BBQ restaurant. Sadly, although it was run by an authentic Korean family, the beef were nothing like that one I had in Seoul. :( And it certainly wasn't worth the trip out in the cold, windy evening to search for this place located at some ulu street. Well, it was recommended by a colleague so must at least try mah.

DAY 2 & 3

Woke up at 3AM!!! to fly off up north of Perth to visit our work sites. Nothing glamourous to begin with but it was good to put an image to the work I've been doing all these while.

I know Aussies like to drink ALOT, but having a fridge full of beers and spirits was kind of overwhelming for me.

Shall not delve on the rest of the work days - it was just more sites and acres and acres of brown land.

Day 4 & 5

Spent the last 2 days back in Perth and did more shopping including buying snacks that cost only 1/3 of what we can get in Sg!

Towards the end of Aug, starts my 8 days SAHM stint with Jayden. More on that in next post!