Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Taking the sugar test...

30 Jun 07: Started fasting as early as 10pm the following night. No food, no drinks, not even a sip of drinking water. I had to refrain myself from talking too much lest I stank of bad breath.


9am: Arrived at KK and was ushered to take the 1st blood test. Drawing blood was hardly painful for me but it seems like the intensity for pain increases during pregnancy.


When the nurse pierced the needle down my vein, I was screaming inside "FUCK-IIIINNNNGG PAINFUL!!!!" I hope bb didn't get to hear me. Heheh...


Thereafter, I was made to drink a large cup of 'over-rated-ultra-sweet-sure-get-diabetes' glucose drink. Another patient beside me just smiled weakly and we forced our throat down with the drink. "If you vomit it out, you'd have to come back again to drink another cup" - The nurse said. "No way. I'd just swallow my vomit man!"


11:00am: Went roaming around KK before returning for the 2nd blood test. The waiting was a torture as I still could not eat / drink anything yet. By then, I was as hungry as a cow.


Nurse attempted to draw blood at the same vein again while I screamed all vulgaritires at myself. Nurse shook her head after the tormenting event - "No blood, try again". NO BLOOD?!?


I would have spat at her if I could but I demurely told her to try another vein instead.


11:30am: It's finally over... Made my way to the cashier, took my medication and booked my next appointment.

0 comments: