Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Forbidden food always taste the sweetest...

Just when your body is undergoing severe hormonal change, your diet plan goes hay-wire as well. To make matters worst, your choice of food becomes limited due to whatever side-effects that were mythed or thought to be unhealthy.


When I first found out I was pregnant, I got a long list of 'no-no's and 'eat-it-and-you-die' forbidden food: -

1) Anything that is deemed to be too 'cool' - Pineapples, cheng teng, barley, del monte bananas, watermelon
2) Anything that has caffine content - Coffee, Tea (Ice lemon tea, green tea, peach tea, whatever tea), CHOCOLATES!!!
3) Alcohol - That's fine with me since I'm not an alcoholic
4) Curry - Which kinda left me depressed for a while cause I'm a lover for curries and laksa and even pratas! Pratas will never be nice w/o curries.
5) Anything RAW - which means no SASHIMI! (Just kill me la!)


Then there were activities that I couldn't do as well: -

1) Any heavy duty sport - which means no more scuba diving!! No blading, no jogging, no badminton, no bowling, basically no sports la (And they still wonder why pregnant women end up being overweight)
2) Any areas that is smoke intoxicated - that means no clubbing, no ktv, no pubs or snooker salons


Seriously, unless you are a natural hermit, such kind of lifestyle literally reforms you into a BORING person.


My only source of 'entertainment' these days are:
1) Loitering around my baby's room and wondering when I can start to wash the clothes and pack them into the drawers,
2) Shopping for more baby stuff although I'm pretty sure we already had enough,
3) Being a couch potato and making your hubby become one too :D
4) Waking in the middle of the night with leg cramps and freaking your hubby out with your piercing screams
5) Looking at your hubby sweat like a tired dog while doing the house chores and you continue to be a couch potato. :D
6) Counting down the number of days to my maternity so that I can have a GOOD break away from work. I'm ASSUMING breastfeeding beats facing the shit at work.


Sigh...I think I side-track from the topic but still... such is my life now...

0 comments: