Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mommy's Diet

Before my maternal hormones started going bonkers, I have always been on a clean diet - Wholemeal bread / Cereal for breakfast, white noodles / yong tau foo for lunch & some light dinner.

Snacks were usually a small indulgence of dark chocolates or digestive biscuits. Not even a tinge of fast food & french fries. I never thought that my life was deprived for missing out on the fast food. Discipline was really important to keep a clean slate of diet.


5 months later, my diet plan was screwed. MacDonalds, KFC, Mos Burger, BK, Long John. I have tasted it all. Not to mention laksa, char kuey teow and carrot cake. I couldn't believe I was taking in all these 'toxic' food into my system! But...but... it tasted SOOOOO GOOOD!!! :(


My usual weekday food plan nowdays would include: -

1) 9am Breakfast: Ham & Cheese Sandwich / Homemade Sausage Muffin / Big Pau / Ba Chang
2) 11am Break: Alot of Some biscuits
3) 1pm Lunch: Depends on inspiration - Usually zi char / mee pok / fast food
4) 3pm Break: Alot of Some biscuits / Chocolates / Chips
5) 5pm Break: Any snack that I can find in my cabinet
6) 7pm Dinner: Home cooked rice w/ meat & vegetables


I feel like a hungry hippo. :( Why must they make our hormones go insane and torture us like this??! Are the cravings supposed to help in pregnancy? Obviously not right?

I just hope the right nutrients go to the baby. He hasn't been kicking actively lately despite the over-indulgence of durians I had in the weekend.

Mommy needs more beef....

0 comments: