Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 6: Switzerland - Interlaken - Jungfraujoch

Some 11,000 feet above ground lies Jungfraujoch - top of Europe. We took an optional tour to visit another side of Switzerland. So bright and early, we set off to Interlaken and up towards Jungfrau.



Taking the train up the mountain




And I experienced falling snow for the first time! I know damn suaku.



So thrilled with snow falling on my head




One of the best meal we had so far in the trip - Rosti with sausage


So after the sight-seeing, the eating, the goofing around, we headed back to Interlaken to do some 'serious' shopping.

This is where Dylan went 'berserk' and signed the most expensive thing in his life (*ahem* more expensive than my proposal ring)




Of course, after frittering away our money, have to stock up on bread at their grocer Migros. Yes, days and days of bread ahead for us... ...





Coming to Switzerland, one must try their Swiss Cheese fondue. Perhaps, I'm not a cheese person or that the cheese tasted bitter with the red wine added. To make things worse, it was fondue in 3 forms - Cheese, Meat and Chocolate.

I wondered how can chocolate fondue go wrong? At that point, my stomach was screaming for laksa, mee goreng and nasi lemak. I miss home food. :(



0 comments: