Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day has long passed.

I have also come to realize that my blog posts about Jayden's progress have somewhat dwindled as the boy slowly approaches to his 3rd birthday.

Was looking through the photos on my iPhone when I came across the handicraft he made at school for Mother's Day. Although with the help from the teachers, it was the son's first artwork made specially for me.

The boy proudly presented his flower pot to me and planted a kiss on my cheek before saying "Mummy, I love you". That was enough to melt a mother's heart. Never mind the once late night feedings, never mind the constant tantrums, whining, crying, yelling, never mind the endless worries when he is sick, never mind the times he drove you up the wall with his tricks. For that moment, there was only love and a smile in my heart.

I never knew how one could take over control of your emotions. When he cries, your heart aches together with him, when he laughs, your mood gets uplifted instantly. When he achieves a milestone, you rejoiced in excitement like it was your own victory. And despite the many times he tried to push you away when he's angry, you would try every means to get back closer.


Love is boundless. Love is unconditional. And I know the Love will keep growing.



0 comments: