Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Our home terrorist...


... 1 week has passed. We're still trying to get accustomed to Jayden's 'pattern' but it's more managable now, with the special aid from the confinement lady.
In this 1 week, I learnt: -
  • How frustrating breastfeeding can be when you're low on supply
  • How to differentiate hunger cues, 'I-wet-my-diapers' cues and 'I'm tired' cues
  • How to clean his poo
  • How to make sure the milk is lukewarm
  • How terrible it is not to be able to BATHE and no FAN (Who's grandmother logic is that huh!)
  • How after having a baby, there's no such thing as COUPLETIME. Your entire conversations revolve around "Is bb hungry, hot, comfortable, clean?"

I was a supermom today running errands from morning till late noon.
  • Woke up at 5am to express out the pathetic supply of milk in my breasts lest they become swollen and aching again.
  • Went back to sleep and then waking up at 9am to prepare to go KK to register Jayden's birth, only to find out that Daddy forgot to sign off his name on the baby bonus form! GRRRRR....
  • Made a trip down to Daddy's office and then back to KK to re-submit the forms
  • Went home for lunch before preparing to bring Jayden out again for his Jaundice check-up
  • Thank God level has dropped to 125.
  • Finally arrived home again at 4pm. Expressed some more milk before collapsing into a coma.

There are still irregular hours that Jayden will wake up for feeds. We're still trying to get the hang of it and train him to sleep longer hours in the night. Jayden has started to stay up awake for longer periods now. It's amusing to see his eyes roving around, although most of the time he's groping at my breasts (is he always hungry?!)

Jayden and his many expressions...

He's only adorable when soundly asleep...


2 comments:

@pinkyaffair said...

wah mummy..u finally blog eh...my bf so cute ley...y u din send me all those pics neh...angry...
hmm...i shall visit u soon...cz the ppl in the co is pushing me...but wait till mth end over...so..see u in Nov cz alots ppl wana visit my bf....oops...my bf mum la...haha.

u take care ar....

jO@nNe said...

way to go emy! glad ur doing fine with jayden now...he is sooo chubby! hows ur wounds healing?
has jayden's cord drop off liao?

well...i did experience some contractions...bt they were jus practice...so hoping baby will only arrive after my mum's here...which is in 2 weeks time...

u take care...n enjoy ur confinement meals...keke...