Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Getting the name right...

After the disheartening news, I spent the rest of the evening mulling over why the bad things have to happen in this month. October was meant to mark the birth of our love child, the start of another new life chapter, another stepping stone to our marriage life.


But yesterday, it felt like I was alone on my own, to face this new lease of life myself. I couldn't control my emotions and I know bb felt the ache in my heart cause he didn't move much for the rest of the night... I'm sorry baby...I just couldn't help it...


Anyway, I tried to divert my emotions by thinking of Chinese names to call our baby. Initially I wanted a Chinese master to come up with a name but I was worried he may come up with something kuku that will mark a joke for the rest of our baby's life. So I started scribbling on the notepad and came up with these names: -


叶瑞哲 - Rui4 Zhe2

叶振哲 - Zhen4 Zhe2

叶宇哲 - Yu3 Zhe2

叶柯启 - Ke3 Qi2

叶振轩 - Zhen4 Xuan2


I was still feeling the downs until I heard how Dylan pronounced the names and I couldn't help feeling tickled by his terrible pronounciation. Every single name that I thought would sound nice didn't sound quite right from him. :(


The names were just random thoughts but you can tell that I wanted to have the word in his name. Hehe... Cause the meaning of is wise / sagacious. :)

This morning, I suddenly recalled the song Dylan sang to me at our wedding by 陶喆 - 爱很简单。And surprisingly, the meaning is the same! :D So I decided to change to this instead since it also looks like double luck (ji xiang)

And thus the start of my search on the meanings of each names...... It didn't take me long to stop at the first name because the meaning was just perfectly appropriate!

叶瑞喆 - means Feliticous Omen (Pleasant, Delightful, Auspicious) and needless to say means Wise! And at the same time, it has double ji xiang too.

Ok la! Set on this name liao! :D

Yea right...let's see what Daddy has to say about it...

1 comments:

jO@nNe said...

nice n meaningful name...!

my chinese nt good...in laws gave a list for us to choose, i cant even read them...so i left it to my hubby to decide...hehe...