Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The days of waiting...

... is making this mommy very very impatient. 2 months...how can 2 months be so abnormally LONG?! I want to see my baby, feed him, dress him up with all the cute clothes I got, melt with tears when he yawns or cooes. But there's still 2 more months to go... :(


These 2 months have been tormenting - the sleepless nights, the inconvenience of having a bump and not being able to do anything but just sit, lie down, roll-over (sounds like a dog, yes?) , the agony of having NOTHING TO WEAR, the endless hunger pangs you get almost every hour, the fear of getting stretch marks & pimple outbreaks and the nagging question ringing perpetually in your head - WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE OVER???


I think I must have developed early post-partum depression. I find myself lately sitting alone at baby's room and staring at the empty cot, thinking - When can I put on the fitted sheets and bedding set? When can I start washing the clothes & diapers and putting them nicely in the wardrobe? Will I be able to breastfeed? Will my baby be fine? Am I able to handle this?


They say that such thoughts are NORMAL because we're getting anxious and impatient excited for our baby to come to this world. I really hope so because I SIMPLY CAN'T WAIT...

0 comments: