Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The routine at KKH...

... So last Saturday, we went for the usual monthly check-up at KKH with KT Tan. Just like any other months, we followed the routine religiously - Register at counter, take a pee on the urine stick, check your weight & blood pressure and then wait for your gynae to see you.


Now, I've realized the hardest part was not the waiting but in fact, the time when I have to pee on the urine stick.


I always make sure I drank a large amount of water before I left the house, took a few more mouthfuls during the journey to KK. But once I reach the toilet to do the deed..... NOTHING. Then I'll spend the next 10 minutes looking aimlessly below, coo-ing my lousy bladder to start working - STILL NOTHING. Tormenting process...


So anyway, the visit to the gynae was pretty fruitful this time as I've prepared a list of questions to ask. I realized that if I didn't ask, she wouldn't advise either. -_-


1) Baby is doing fine & well, weighing at approximately 1.3kg, supposedly average size.
2) Placenta is still low, we'd had to continue to monitor that. (The only thing that puzzled me was why didn't the gynae even warn me to be careful after I did my 1st detailed scan in May!)
3) As long as baby is moving, although not responding to our calls, IT'S FINE.
4) Mommy has already put on 8kg in total and that's freaking her out.


Next visit on 24-Aug. Time to go for their hospital tour...

0 comments: