Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

His first field trip

It was meant to be a solo trip. I wanted to see if the son could handle an excursion on his own. Yep. It was a hard pill to swallow. My boy has grown up. But a mommy suggested that I go for the first time t get to know his friends better as well.





It was really amusing watch the kids mingle together. When we arrived, the kids were pinching their noses and screaming in unison "Ewww...so smelly!" I only had a thought in my head "How to go army like that?" -_-


I had a shock when I first saw his classmates. Are they really 4 years old?! All of them are so tall!







See? Shortest in the class. *gua gua gua*

Theme of the field trip was Cats Discovery. So we went to this amphitheatre that housed the skins of all kinds of cats - Jaguar, Cheetah, Leopard, Tiger, Lion. And my, I couldn't even tell the difference!









At the end of the day, it wasn't an easy task being a parent volunteer. The weather was atrocious, the kids were running all over the place. You had to make sure your own kid doesn't 'assault' anyone. I even witnessed a parent trying to feed his kid snacks along the way and during class on condition that he sat still. In the end, the rest of the kids were distracted and wanted a share of it. How annoying right!

Overall, it was still a good field trip with the son. I'm sure next time, the boy is ready to go out on his own without his Mommy albeit I'm still not sure if I'm ready to let his hand go.

0 comments: