Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The MIL

I have contemplated for the longest time to blog about this. But each day as Jayden grows, the list of things that irks you so much just keeps piling up. It NEVER seems to stop. I need to LET OUT.

I know I should always respect the elderly's advice on bringing up a child. But in all honesty, every child is UNIQUE and being the BLOOD mother, I believe I have the right of say on how I want to bring up my child. Advises of course are generously welcomed, but NEGATIVE COMMENTS however do not improve the situation nor helped in any way!

There are so many situations that are still vividly in my mind: -

Scenario 1
Me: Ma, please feed J with this bottle of apple puree

MIL: But it's sour. Do I need to add milk in the puree?

Me: It's ok. Baby needs to try variations of food. No, You don't need to add milk for FRUITS.

** at night **

Me: Ma, did you feed J?

MIL: No, it's too sour, I don't think he'll like it (without even letting J taste yet!)

Me: ........ ......


Scenario 2
Me: Please let J wear this pair of jeans

MIL: But there's a zipper, wouldn't it 'kiap' his private part?

Me: ..... ........ .... Ma, there's pampers to protect

MIL: You sure it won't 'kiap'?

Me: ........................................................................... *walks off rolling eyes*

Scenario 3
MIL: J is sweating, feed him some water

Me: Ma, he's sleeping, we'll feed him when he's awake ok

** 1 min later **

MIL: He's sweating like mad, let's feed him some water

Me: ............ ............ *pretend to ignore*


Scenario 4
Me: Ma, please feed J with this Cereal (Healthy Times Barley Cereal)

MIL: Has he tried before? Is it safe?

Me: It's ok, baby needs to try variations of food

MIL: *gives the dubious look*

Me: *nearly died of exasperation*

Scenario 5
Me: The Combi Miracle Turn stroller looks good, can consider to buy. Or the McClaren one

MIL: But too big, I can't handle

Me: !!!!!!! How about the Combi 4.2kg one, the lightest liao

MIL: There's no leg stand for the baby

Me: But all strollers have leg stand, what leg stand are you talking about?

MIL: *suddenly notice a gal in a combi stroller* Oh look! that one! I want that one!

Me: *stares at the stroller on hand* But Ma, it's the same model what!!


Scenario 6
MIL: J's got a cold. My kids NEVER got colds when they're young

Me: Wa Ma, Your kids superkids huh?

Doc: J's probably caught a cold. Anyone in the family is sick?

Me: J's DAD (aka MIL's son)

MIL: *keeping very quiet*


I could go on forever. But the list will never end. The issues are so minute I didn't think it was worth mentioning at all. But it's the accumulation of the little things that revolves around us everyday that is driving me MAD.

Give me SOUND advices, not STUPID or NO COMMON SENSE remarks can?

When is it going to end? :(

3 comments:

@pinkyaffair said...

Emy dear,
Well...tat really sound so stressful wif a MIL...bt i jz cn tell you..'GANBATTE ne"....

jerrychew said...

Oopss! For all I can say, you are the mother. Do what u deem right! No one else can be responsible for your son except you. Of coz, 'handle' the MIL in a SMART way too. I m sure you will be a GREAT mummy! May all be well! =)

ecookie said...

i can totally understand how u feel. my MIL the same not particularly mean or anything but her senseless "small" remarks just accumulate overtime and is killing me too. sigh.