Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What do I wish for?

In just less than 12 hours, I will turn 29 - my last year of 20s.

I have not been putting alot of thoughts into it until it suddenly dawned upon me that I am no longer YOUNG. :(

I must admit that despite the age, I am glad I have come this far. Having a husband, a child and most importantly - growing as a family. And of course, not forgetting the closest friends who never failed to remember this day is MY DAY. I am looking forward to the day we still say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to each other 50 years down the road and badgering each other with a stick in our hand. Hehehe...

I am not sure if it's the age or that I've grown out of the things that I desired. When people start asking me "What do I want for my birthday?", I often find myself thinking, "I don't need anything, at least nothing material." Or perhaps, I have already found the best gift for myself - Jayden.

Nowadays, Jayden will call me in the sweetest chipmunk voice, "Mommy, come", "Mommy, sleep", "Mommy, feed". I have to be involved in his every activity - which I find very endearing.

When I'm around, he only allows me to cuddle in bed with him, holds his hand and bathe him, which of course makes Daddy very very jealous. We're not sure why he has this preferrance since I play the bad parent all the time. But I'm enjoying the affection. :)

I often find myself hugging him, slobbering his face with kisses like a psychopath and telling him endlessly that I love him (which I don't even say to Dylan :P) I guess this is the warmth of being a mother.

So what is my birthday wish for this year? Perhaps very much the same as last and the years to come.

Health & happiness for my family and friends.

3 comments:

Cel said...

OT for the post??
Haha.

Happy Birthday, Mummy.

mrs tan said...

happy b'day!

PRIMA said...

I can never get enough wishing you happy birthday! hahahhaha

Happy Burpday!!!!!! :D